The XTR RT-MT900 brake disc from Shimano - optimized in every respect
The Shimano RT-MT900 brake disc was designed and developed based on the successful Ice Tech FREEZA rotors. In the 140mm and 160mm versions, which are aimed particularly at cross-country riders, a weight reduction of 5 and 10 g was achieved. The 180mm and 203mm versions especially for enduro riders are characterized by a further improved heat dissipation and are of course also weight-optimized.
Diametre:- 140mm, 160mm, 180mm, 203mm
Design:- 2 parts
Material Disc:- Sandwich composite made of stainless steel outside with aluminum core
Material Spider:- Aluminum
Material lock ring:- Aluminum
- stable and versatile braking performance under the toughest conditions
- revised Ice Technologies FREEZA construction for even faster heat dissipation
- 140mm & 160mm optimal for cross country in terms of low weight
- 180mm & 203mm optimal for enduro with regard to heat dissipation
- spider lacquered, disc polished, lock ring anodized (internal teeth)
- for brake pads with narrow pad shape
Ice Tech FREEZA brake discs have even less fading due to 40 °C lower heat development compared to SM-RT98. The three-layer sandwich construction consists of stainless steel flanks and an aluminum core with integrated cooling fins. The two-part construction with the aluminum carrier dissipates the heat well. The dirt-repellent design extends the life of the disc and covering. The sporty, aggressive high-tech design is a real eye-catcher.