For a pair of mountain bike shorts to be functional, they not only need to be durable and lightweight, but they also need to be comfortable. And while we don't want to toot our own horn, our Atlas XC Comp Shorts have this all in spades.
To make sure of it, we made them from a woven version of our lightweight and ultra-breathable VaporRize™ fabrics. As a result, the shorts are more than tough enough to take repeated spills while you're finding your line, or losing it, without sacrificing anything to comfort.
In terms of fit, you'll find that these shorts fall comfortably between baggy and tight, but don't go over the top with it either way. As a result, we cut them to fall just around the knee, leaving plenty of room for light armor or kneepads. There are also side waist adjustment tabs that keep the waist where you want it when the pockets are loaded. And when it comes to pockets, there are plenty—two hand, two back, and one side zippered.
- VaporRize™ woven fabrics maintain a great deal of stretch, while remaining extremely durable, lightweight, and effective at managing moisture.
- Two zippered pockets provide a convenient storage solution for transporting your trail essentials.
- Side waist adjustment tabs ensure that the fit of the shorts is easily customizable and dialed-in, even when your pockets are loaded
- Deflect® UV 50+ protects your skin from harmful ultraviolet rays.
- 14.5” inseam with tapered leg fit (size 34” waist) falls just above the knees, leaving room for pads without interfering on climbs.