Everything you need you run the new OneUp EDC stem and tool system without the need to tap a thread in the steerer.
- Stem: 35mm EDC Stem
- Preload Kit
- Tool - EDC Tool System
The OneUp Components EDC Tool System is the clever solution for those who do not want to carry their tools in a backpack. The EDC Tool (or Everyday Carry Tool) fits in tapered steerer tubes, where it takes up space no one else has thought to use. EDC includes a multi-tool, tyre lever and a chain breaker and is always ready to be used. For transportation, the tools are clipped into a composite housing and then slide into the steerer. An additional hollow cylinder, with room for patches, cable ties or other small things can be attached. Alternately, a CO2 cartridge can be stored here. The OneUp EDC Tool System is secure, doesn't rattle or fall out.
Up until now, to store the EDC tool in the steerer, a thread had to be tapped into it first. However, OneUp Components has found the ideal solution for those who don't want to tap their steerer or those who have steel or carbon shafts: the Preload Kit. It includes an EDC capable Top Cap, a headset Preloader, 4 headset spacers (40 mm total) for clip mounting and an EDC Steerer plug.
Because all of this only works with the OneUp stem, it is included in the bundle. The stem has a cut-out on the bottom where the Preload-Kit is installed. Via a third bolt on the steerer tube clamp, the headset pre-load can be adjusted. The Preloader is made of a conically split wedge collar with a pinch bolt connected to a conical headset spacer. When tightening the bolt on the back side of the stem, the internal cone pushes the conical headset spacer down and preloads the headset. The EDC steerer plug is also needed for the EDC Tool System and is compatible with most tapered steerer tubes.
One more thing about the OneUp Components stem: it can be used everywhere! Whether Trail riding or Enduro racing it can take it all. If you don't want to install the EDC Tool System in the steerer tube, it is also compatible with a conventional top cap and star nut. However you need to use the included shim if you don't want to install the Preloader.
EDC Tool System:
- easy and practical steerer tube storage
- incl. all important tools
- space for a CO2 cartridge (12, 16 or 20 g)
- secure, rattle-free system
- innovative 8 mm hex tool design
- no need to tap threads in the steerer tube to store EDC Tool
- Preload Kit (hidden in headset) preloads the headset via the stem
- no Ahead star nut needed, must be removed before installation
- incl. shim spacers for clip-in mount on the stem (normal spacers can be used under the stem)
- only works with OneUp stems
- versatile application
- conventional installation, assembly with EDC Top Cap or with Preload Kit
- 55 mm handlebar clamp width
- Length: 35mm (157g) / 35mm Dia. / 0° Rise
- Stack Height: 38.5mm
- Bar Clamp Width: 55mm
- Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Includes - preloader system which is compatible with regular headset spacers below the stem.
EDC Tool System Functions
- 2 / 2.5 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 8 mm hex tools*
- Torx T25*
- Flat head screwdriver*
- EDC top cap tool*
- #0, #1, #2, #3 spoke wrenches
- Presta valve tool
- Tyre Levers
- Chain tool
- space for chain master links
- extra storage
- * multi-tool
Check fork compatibility.