V10 handling at Syndicate speeds.
The Nomad's reputation is built on consistently pushing the envelope on how lawless a single-crown bike can get while still remaining a capable daily driver.
The latest iteration nudged the travel and geometry further towards the outer limits, and we surprised ourselves at just how well-rounded it turned out.
The fourth generation design saw a dramatic shift to the lower-link mounted shock configuration. The shock rate is a short-travel version of the V10—which means feather-light small bump sensitivity right off the bat, supportive mid-stroke, and overall progression that you'd normally only experience on a DH bike.
To handle all this newfound capability, the geometry was adapted too. It's longer and lower-slung to ensure maximum stability and confidence on absolutely everything. At the same time, the Nomad’s still a trail bike. It pedals well and tackles valley-to-valley alpine runs and all-day missions without skipping a beat—a fact helped by its pedal-friendly seat tube angle and standard 170mm dropper post fit.
- Available in: Aluminum, Carbon C & Carbon CC
- Wheel size: 27.5"
- Front travel: 170mm
- Rear travel: 170mm
- Santa Cruz Bicycles pivot bearings are warranted for life to the original owner of the bike.
Build Specs can be found at Santa Cruz.
Complete Bike Package Options:
- Completes can be Standard 27.5 or + (2.6 Tyres and Wider Rims)
- S and X01 can be ordered with Reserve Wheels. XX1 and XTR come with.
- Framesets are also available here.